Is your child or teen struggling? We love to help children & teens reach their potential and can also help with strengthening family relationships and harmony.
Adult Individual Counseling
Struggling to manage your mood, anxious feelings, or relationships? If you are feeling stuck we can help you create the life you would like to be living.
Looking for a long lasting medication free effective alternative for treating ADHD, anxiety, and brain injury? Learn how we can help you with neurofeedback training.
Testing & Assessment
Unsure of what the problem is? Testing helps you understand strengths & weaknesses, determine diagnosis, & understand steps to take to reach your goals.
Sign up for our FREE report
Sign up for our FREE report The Stress Free Family Formula: 3 Simple Exercises to Help You and Your Family Quickly Create More Peace, Happiness, and Balance in Your Daily Life and get our newsletter and helpful information for your mental health in your inbox!
How We Can Help
At MVP we have counselors who specialize in working with children, teens, adults, and families to reach their goals. When looking for a therapist, there are a few things we believe make us different:
- We utilized cutting-edge therapies that often help create change in ways that talking alone cannot. Some of the therapies we may use include: EMDR, Neurofeedback, Alpha-Stim, and Heart Math. By incorporating therapies that retrain your body and brain, we can get changes much quicker. We are able to utilize these therapies with children, teens, and adults when appropriate.
- We work as a team. We believe that by working as a team, you receive better care. We are always learning from each other and participate in ongoing continuing education even beyond what is required in our field.
- Because we have a team of therapists, we are able to serve more than one family member and coordinate care if you would like. We have several families who seek therapy for one family member and when they see positive changes, they want other families members to come in. Because we have several therapists who specialize in different age groups we are able to work with families!
You can have change in your life, create a calm environment, and experience success. At Mountain Vista Psychology we see these changes happen every day with the children, teens, adults, and families we work with. We believe in providing you with the best and most effective care possible using what research says works. We then use specific tools to track with you the effectiveness of our work together to ensure that you are making the changes you want and need in your life. We provide comprehensive services that include:
We believe in an integrative and holistic approach to help you make the changes you want. Please look around our site. We have tons of information to help you out! Also, feel free to contact us at (720) 583-9332. We offer a 20 minute free phone consultation.
We primarily serve the South Denver Metro area of Colorado including Highlands Ranch, Lone Tree, Englewood, Parker, Greenwood Village, Centennial, DTC, Cherry Hills, Littleton, Aurora, and Lakewood.
We Offer the Following Services
Meet Our Team
We are a team of mental health professionals who passionately support each other and our clients so we can provide excellent care and help you create change. We love helping our clients move from a place of struggle to thriving in their lives! We look forward to meeting you!
Family Counselors in South Denver Metro, Colorado
If your child has been exhibiting extreme mood swings, severe anxiety, difficulty focusing, drastic weight loss, and persistent headaches or tummy aches, these are just a few red flags that your child may be experiencing a mental health condition. Upon noticing these sudden changes in your child’s behavior, it is not uncommon for you to confide in a close friend or relative who has most likely assured you that your son or daughter is just going through a phase. And although sometimes that is the case, it can be difficult to discern a typical phase with something more serious and more long-term. While you can continue to talk to people you trust and do your own research, or even take the free “Does my child need counseling?” quiz you’re sure to find online, trusting your instincts as a parent is not something you should discredit.
South Denver Metro, Colorado Family Counselor
So, if you have ever uttered the words, ‘Should my child see a therapist or psychologist?’ even if just to yourself, perhaps you should seek out a child psychologist near you. It certainly is better to know if the behavior your child has been displaying to those around him or her is evolving into something that should be of more concern or not, which is what our professional child therapists at Mountain Vista Psychology are trained to determine.
South Denver Metro, Colorado Family Counseling Psychologist
Specializing in child counseling, we have child therapists and adolescent therapy providers on our staff that work with patients who suffer from, but not limited to:
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders such as depression and bipolar disorder
- Disruptive behaviors
- School and social issues
Rest assured that we will work with your child to determine any underlying causes of what is going on and determine the best steps moving forward. We may also investigate other possible causes for your child’s behavior, such as a history of medical conditions, trauma, family history of mental illness, and will need to know how long your child has been behaving this way, and possibly receive feedback from teachers’. We will work with your child and family to figure out what is going on so we can also determine the path forward so your child can move through this and thrive.
Types of Child Therapy
Common treatment options for children who have mental health conditions include, but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT): This type of therapy helps improve a child’s moods, anxiety, and behavior by examining unhelpful patterns of thinking. During CBT, a child learns to recognize harmful thought patterns and the therapist then helps the child replace this thinking with thoughts that give way to more appropriate feelings and behaviors. In addition to addressing changes in thoughts, your therapist may help your child learn how to modify his behaviors to improve his mood. Research shows that CBT can be effective in treating depression and anxiety as well as children coping with traumatic experiences.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): This is used to treat older adolescents with chronic suicidal thoughts or who self-harm. DBT can be helpful in teaching emotion regulation and interpersonal effectiveness. This therapy focuses on taking responsibility for one’s problems and helps the teen examine the way they deal with conflict and intense negative feelings.
- Family Therapy: This type of therapy focuses on helping the family function as a unit in more constructive ways by exploring patterns of communication and offering support.
- Play Therapy: For younger children, play is their best form of communication, which is why play therapy involves the use of blocks, dolls, puppets, and drawings to help the child identify and verbalize his or her feelings. The psychotherapist observes how the child uses the toys and identifies themes or patterns to better understand the child’s underlying issues. Through a combination of talk and play the child has an opportunity to more effectively understand and manage their feelings and behavior including anger management.
About Mountain Vista Psychology
As overwhelming as this new territory may be, your child will benefit from your support just as much if not more than the support therapy will provide him or her. At Mountain Vista Psychology, which is based in Englewood, CO, our family therapists are always available to offer parenting support for you. We can help you alter the way you interact with your child and help you learn how to better handle difficult behavior. We encourage you to continue to explore ways to have fun and bond with your child as well as praising his or her strengths and abilities. No matter what, we will be there every step of the way as we are committed to helping your child thrive. If you are concerned about your child’s mental health, don’t hesitate to call us at 720-583-9332 for a free consultation and to find out more about what we can do for your child. You can trust us to make your child’s mental health of highest priority.